Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Airtel-India

Signal drop in Blackberry 9360

Hi,

I am using 9360 curve handset for nearly one year and recently my handset has a problem. The mobile signal cuts off suddenly and i get SOS and after 4 to 5 seconds it comes back again. Experts need help to resolve.

I also have one more problem. After disconnecting a call when i try to make one more call immedeatly then nothing happens in the handset. The call screen comes but the phone doesnt transmit or receive for 10 to 15 seconds. (Noticed that the two way arrow at the right top corner of the screen doesnt show up for some time). Please advice.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Signal drop in Blackberry 9360

Hello ajith1979

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Our BlackBerry Device may show SOS only under certain conditions like if you are in a Low signal arrea or if your SIM card is faulty.So if possible replace your SIM card .In addition as you said your device does not respond for a few seconds while making a call for that I suggest to rule out any software issue you can Update your device software with a new OS bundle.It will definetly help.

Additional Information :KB03448 : Network status indicator shows " SOS " on the BlackBerry smartphone

So please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Airtel-India

Thanks Prince. I have removed and reinstalled the sim. Will check in coming days and report. I have OS7 Bundle 1555. Is there a new update?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello ajith

If problem appear please replace your old SIM card with a new one from your Carrier Airtel.And also 7.1 is already available I suggest upgrade your device to 7.1 for additional features.Connect your device and open BlackBerry Desktop Software and click on Uptade and see if that allows .try it and let us know.

Prince