Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

emmck01
My Device: Curve 9300

Signal / wifi strangely disappearing

I have a Blackberry Curve 9300. But, this is NOT limited to this handset only, as a few of my Blackberry friends, all over the Country, are experiencing the same problem, different handsets.

As far as I'm aware, there is no work going on nearby on telephone masts, etc.

I've had this handset for a year now, so, I shouldn't be experiencing a problem that, ultimately, is the service I'm 'paying' for.

I have lost count now how many times this has happened, but the signal keeps going, and I'm unable to use the internet. Not 'wifi' at home, which may I add I already pay for. I mean the internet package that I bought originally, and pay for every month on my blackberry phone so I am always connected, regardless of area.

Why is this happening? I assume this is 3 - who my rolling contract is with. But, again, the rest of my friends are on o2, Orange etc... none of us can pin point it down to service provider.

So... Is anyone else experiencing this the past couple of days? Anyone have ANY idea what I can do? It's not very helpful, especially when I have to reply to business emails :smileysad:

Thanks for any advice or help!

New Contributor
marissag93
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Signal / wifi strangely disappearing

If you go to "manage connections", check "turn all connections off" for less then a minute, then check the box again to turn all the connections back on. That's normally the problem and solution for me, and I have a curve 8520. If that doesn't work, do a hard reset of your phone (take battery/sim card/memory card out and let it sit there for about a minute, then put it all back). Hope this helps!

New Contributor
bester
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

Hi there byron here I have same problem my curve 8520 the wifi keeps on disappearing on my phn I don't like it my gf she has same phn and her phn is right please help otherwise my phn is going to eat a wall because when I go to manage connections then there is no tick by wifi only red its comes and goes someone please help very urgent please did a battery pull everything even deleted all my stuff on phn
New Contributor
bester
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

[ Edited ]

My email adress Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.