Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
2WheelPig
My Device: Not Specified

Significant backlight delay when I press a button; only after upgrade to 4.5

My backlight turns off just fine, auto dims just fine, but when I press a button to use the phone, the backlight doesn't come on until after a second or two.  I've noticed this only after the upgrade to 4.5 OS.  I know it didn't do this before the upgrade, however I also had to wipe my phone per my work's IT to re-activate it on the BES, so I don't know if I've changed a setting that could be contributing to this.

Anyone have the same problem or a solution?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
2WheelPig

Re: Significant backlight delay when I press a button; only after upgrade to 4.5 - UPDATE

I've noticed the backlight only delays when I press a keyboard button.  If I press the Mute button, the backlight comes on immediately.

Am I really the only one having this problem?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
beegee

Re: Significant backlight delay when I press a button; only after upgrade to 4.5 - UPDATE

Funny you mention this. I've been on the forums tonight to see this exact question. I was wondering if my phone had a virus, but a previous link I read said there are no such things. So I would also like to plee for help. I noticed the delay after I did the upgrade also. Sometimes it takes up to 5 seconds for the backlight to come on. And it seems some days are worse then others. If anyone knows why, please help.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Msmyoplex

Re: Significant backlight delay when I press a button; only after upgrade to 4.5

I too am having MAJOR issues with my 8330 since I upgraded it.  The backlight takes forever to come on, it takes forever and sometimes gets "stuck" when trying to reply, view or delete texts or emails, and takes FOREVER for any page to download.  It's sooo frustrating and I want to throw my phone across the room at times, and I LOVE my BlackBerry, but this is rediculous!  If anyone has any suggestions or fixes PLEASE let me know?  I'd be forever grateful!! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
2WheelPig

Re: Significant backlight delay when I press a button; only after upgrade to 4.5

At least I know I'm not the only one having this problem!  I failed to mention that Sprint is my carrier, although I don't know if that would have an impact or not.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LuKiN

I read once where it was a weird issue with some phones and hitting spacebar will wake it up faster, I dont have the issue but it helped quite a few folks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
2WheelPig

Hmm, it appears you're on to somethingLukin.  I've hit the space bar three times now, with the backlight coming on right away.  I then tried other buttons twice, and there was the delay again.  Next time, I hit the space bar and it came right up.

Good to know, but I guess I'm still frustrated that it doesn't work like it used to before the upgrade.  Sometimes it seems it has issues processing some things when before it ran beautifully.

Thanks for the info - I'll still accept other ideas/solutions.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LuKiN

Aye its the only fix that I know of - well not a fix but a workaround I guess.  Something with the OS though I dont have the issue I know it does work :smileyhappy:

Glad its helping ya

Please use plain text.