Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
rgaasenbeek
My Device: Not Specified

Simple question regarding power

Is it OK to recharge the BB 7250 with the charger that comes with the Curve?  Conversely, can I recharge my Curve with the charger that came with the 7250?  Thanks!

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Simple question regarding power

I'm using a charger from a Pearl on my curve without ill effect, but I would definitely check with your vendor about it.

That's where I got my info.

Just FYI

Welcome to the forums!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

I also used to use my razr charger on my husbands cingular 8125.  They were the same ports and we never had any issues with it.  But as suggested it is always best to be sure about these things.  Please remember we are only other users with blackberrys so we only know from our own experiences. 
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
rgaasenbeek
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the reply!  I wanted to ask RIM directly, but couldn't figure out how to email them a question...
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Perhaps this will help?

Company or product inquiries: For more information about Research In Motion (RIM) and its products, please visit Research Assistance or email help@rim.com.

~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

rgaasenbeek wrote:

Is it OK to recharge the BB 7250 with the charger that comes with the Curve?  Conversely, can I recharge my Curve with the charger that came with the 7250?  Thanks!

the Curve is charged with a USB port. It can be used with a desktop US 2.0 port. If you have another device that can be charged with a USB 2.0 port, and has a USB charger you plug on 110/220Volts, then they are compatible because they are compatible with the USB 2.0 voltage that is :
  • for voltage : 4.75V - 5.25V
  • for current : around 500mA

Conclusion is :

if the charger can charge a device that can be charged on a desktop USB port, and if you trust the brand, you can use it to charge any other device that can be charged with a desktop USB port.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: