Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780

Re: Slow download speed

I heard somewhere they are stopping us from downloading bigger files. But that shouldve been in the contract when I bought my phone! And if so, what's the diffrence between 3g and edge phone now?
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G Smartphone

Funny enough, OS 5 had a limit as to how large a file could be. OS 6 removed the limit, it looks like the price for it is slower speeds, I'm not sure. Although, even a 2mb file downloads at around 5kb/s by me.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3g

Well OS5 or OS6 its still slow! I have had this problem for 2weeks. Last Thursday it miraculously worked but went back to square one that evening. If I am sent a file on bbm its still slow to load it even if its less than 1mb. So that means my bbm is restricted too? Might as well invest in a 3g modem from cell c and know safely that I will get 2gb and fast internet every month I pay for it...
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780

And not any of the companies is responding to the truth about this. BIS don't respond at all. Atleast let us in on info if ur experiencing problems and whether ur gona fix it, or is this the plan to stop us from downloading bigger files?? Just let us know what's going on!!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G Smartphone

Mine worked as well, for like ten minutes. The exact time and date was 2011/09/01 at 09.40. It seems to me that it is their internet service that's at fault for sure.
Contributor

Been to Vodacare, the agent didn't know the problem. He suggested I see a customer care part of a Vodashop. Why sell a product if you clueless about it? I have lost faith in this network..
Contributor

Well yet again has the download speed disappointingly dropped to 2.5kbps. I hope we don't wait a month like the last time for the network to solve the problem. This is disgraceful.
Contributor

Once again Vodacom is letting me down. What kind of 3g device downloads at 5kbps than cuts off when its not even 20% complete? I cannot blame blackberry but the network operator for not tracking down problems sooner!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9780

This happenes only because of the service provider's end, if still you guys have doubt you may check by inserting SIM in any other smartphone.

There is no settings to degrade or upgrade speed of any internet connection, with the devices.

Few settings are there in manage connection, there you may select your netwrok mode from Automatic to Manual

Thanks..!

Contributor

Thanks for your response, yes I have inserted my sim into another device and the 3g speed is normal. It is 2 weeks now with my blackberry 3g speed as fast as 7kb/second even in areas with a perfect network reception. Why should we pay for BIS if we cannot use the service properly? A Gprs only phone is even faster at internet speeds than mine. If the network provider or blackberry wanted to lower my download speeds, at least they should have told me so!