Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kevinmaclean1
My Device: Curve 9300

Social Feeds for Blackberry Curve 9300

I have a blackberry Curve 9300, with Os 6.0.049 or something like that. And when I downloaded the new os 6 software it didnt come with social feeds...Can I get it for my phone? Or is it not available for my model or something.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Social Feeds for Blackberry Curve 9300

Social Feeds should be available for every version of OS 6.

Go to your PC and open Desktop Manager.  Plug your phone in.  In Desktop Manager, look for Applications.  Social Feeds should be offered as a choice.  DM will see that your phone does not have it and will offer it as a download when you click the " + " sign beside it. 

Let us know if that helps.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
kevinmaclean1
My Device: Curve 9300

I tried plugging in my phone to the DM. And even when clicking applications social feeds didn't show up. WHATS WRONG :smileysad:

New Contributor
gbyrne
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

I have a Blackberry Curve 9300 with Virgin Mobile Canada. About four weeks ago they, and their parent company Bell Canada, released OS 6.0.0.4XX. They promptly took it down because of a software incompatibility issue. I happened to be an early adopter who got it before it was removed. That version was missing Social Feeds.

I spoke to a customer support rep from Virgin who told me to go into the AppLoader under C://Program Files/Common FIles/Research in Motion/AppLoader, or something along those lines and use that program to install Social Feeds. Unfortunately, Social Feeds is never one of the apps on the list.

I waited for a few weeks, figuring that when they released the latest version again it would contain Social Feeds.  Today they released version 6.0.0.534.  From my understanding this version SHOULD contain Social Feeds.  Yet when I installed it, it wasn't among the available components.  It also doesn't appear on the Desktop Manager or the AppLoader.  I have checked countless threads and message boards... I have contacted technical support.  The app just doesn't exist for me.

My speculation is that the carrier has removed it.  Though I question whether they even have the authority (and capability) to do something like that.  If they do... I have lost any respect I have for RIM by allowing carriers to dictate and manipulate their innovation.

I'm posting this to let you know that you're not alone.  I would really appreciate some response from RIM because I'm getting nowhere with Virgin Mobile (Bell Canada).

New Contributor
simonneutert
My Device: Curve 3G 9300

does not work on my phone either... :smileysad:

device manager crashes and nothing is working anymore.

my OS is 6.0.0.600
ryancadiente89
My Device: 9300

You cant try this link: http://goo.gl/aUyPB

Through your mobile browser OTA