Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ulico79
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Software 5 update problem with keyboard lock key

:smileysad: OMG!!  That's exactly the problem I'm having with my 8900.  I've tried repairing it, but nothing works....I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
malcolmnewton
My Carrier: rogers

just updated to version 5 and the unlock is noe the mute key whichich very hard to get to through the plastic protective cover. There must be a 'setup' option to define the unlock key sequence somewhere, which would be a very handy feature so i would have a unique unlock sequence for my phone that no one else would know better than a password. This is one more reason to move to an iphone when bb does things like this without thinking it through and giving 'the user' the option !

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

There is no option to change it short of downgrading. If you use a holster that will also unlock it as will plugging in and unplugging the charger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
natalia_david
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar

I;m having trouble with the new software update. the scroll doesnt work and the typing is all over the place. types anything if keypad is unlocked... HELP

Please use plain text.
natalia_david
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar

pls let me know if you can downgrade............ and how???

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

That doesn't sound like a software problem but sounds more like a device that got wet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LarryKingII
My Carrier: none

I had same problem but solved it myself by playin around with the keys..just simply hold down d "sym" key and den press the "A" key..trust it works..take care and hope to hear from Ɣ☺ΰ..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LarryKingII

I had same problem but solved it myself by playin around with the keys..just simply hold down d "sym" key and den press the "A" key
.The keypad will b locked..trust it works..take care and hope to hear from Ɣ☺ΰ..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LarryKingII

I had same problem but solved it myself by playin around with the keys..just simply hold down d "sym" key and den press the "A" key,den d keypad will be locked..trust it works..take care and hope to hear from Ɣ☺ΰ..
Please use plain text.