Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

DebraD
My Device: Blackberry Curve-8520
Accepted Solution

Software failure

Hi

I have a big problem with my cell, it keeps going on and off without anyone touching it. when i try to press bottom it just doesnt work. I have been looking at the settings and all and realised that some of the mobile certificates have expired and i dont knw if that's whats causing my cell to malfunction

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Software failure

Hi DebraD

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

For your first issue it may happen because of any Bad behaving apps have installed on your device ,How many third party applications you have on your device ? Can you try to start your device on safe Mode to see if that happens 

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

If on safe mode if your device works well then you have to delete any third party applications that you may think is responsible or after installing of which this preoblem arised.

Also for your second issue you can try those steps :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 :   Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a registration message comes for each email accounts you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

Please try those steps and let us know if problem appears 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.