Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Software installation problems

Hey, I am new to Blackberry world and just got a new curve with tmobile.  I am having troubles with the installation of the desktop software.  For some reason it always stops during the "please wait while windows configures roxio media manager.  If I stop interrupt the process at this point I think I can still connect my curve to my computer but I cannot seem to transfer pics, songs etc to the phone. 

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks! 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Software installation problems

you can install the Desktop Manager without the Roxio Media Manager. I recommend you too.

for the files, when connected, do you see your Blackberry in the windows Explorer ?
it should appear as an external harddrive.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Software installation problems

Please mention which version of desktop manager you're trying to insatll? What is your PCs OS? You can try without raxio media manager as mentioned by Xandrex. Which I don't like at all.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit