Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Software issue BB 8520

Please can someone assist me. My phone froze the other day whilst my son was playing a game. I removed the battery as i have done so before, but when i put it back in the phone switches on and starts loading but doesn't complete the loading process, it only gets about 3/4 of the way along the loading bar. How do i fix this as i believe my software has to be re-installed.

Please assist me

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Re: Software issue BB 8520

You may be right because you removed the battery when the phone was processing your request but still I think that switch on your phone and wait even if its not going further than the 3/4th of the loading, wait for sometime as it is recovering your phone system from sudden crash in the processing so it may take longer time and if it not works you will have to re-install the software.

Like the post if you think its helpful.

Thank You.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Software issue BB 8520

Tina23 wrote:

Please can someone assist me. My phone froze the other day whilst my son was playing a game. I removed the battery as i have done so before, but when i put it back in the phone switches on and starts loading but doesn't complete the loading process, it only gets about 3/4 of the way along the loading bar. How do i fix this as i believe my software has to be re-installed.

Hello Tina23

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you sure your boy was only playing game Or if you Installed any new application like any new theme , wallpaper or any games or anything  before this problem start ?   please think carefully !

If you have then first thing you should try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Application > Third Party >  locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

If it fails or if you're unable to boot on Safe Mode then you have to reinstall your device OS , as you device struck on a reboot loop it will not allow a simple Reload , for that follow this Knowledge Base and reload your device OS :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Please Note , this method will delete user data within that device , but if you have a previous backup or using BlackBerry Protect you can restore your backup .

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.