Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
makdafaisal
My Device: Curve 8520

Software problem

Dear sir, I have blackberry curve 8520 which I had bought in December 2010. With this there was 4. Version was there and last time I have update it with version 5. Now before two days back, water dropped I over my phone and I had reset my phone but person had download old version 4.6.1.314 and  now it's very old version and can  not eveusable to update this version. Pls help me outwit to do.         .    

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
darocker077
My Device: Xperia Ray

Re: Software problem

[ Edited ]

makdafaisal wrote:

Now before two days back, water dropped I over my phone and I had reset my phone but person had download old version 4.6.1.314 and  now it's very old version...    

I did not get this part quiet.. are you trying to say that anyone else had updated the device with the version which you mentioned or you on your own did it??

BTW, you can do an upgrade using the "Blackberry desktop manager" or a manual upgrade to the device by selecting your respective operator / region using the below link..

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

Note: If you bought the device from a shop but not via the operator.. make sure to search for "vendor.xml" file & delete if after installing the software, but before upgrading device. :smileyhappy:

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
makdafaisal

sirTheir actually since yesterday my bb version was 5.0 bundle 1728. Yesterday night by mistake eater dropped on it. So I went to loshop repair shop but he had download the 4.6 version. Now I try the same from desktop manager but units shows that no new version in available. I bought this cell phone from reputed plWith with warranty and all. Kindly helpmeet out to update this

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
darocker077
My Device: Xperia Ray

I have already given you the information.. If you have the desktop manager, then you work is simply to;

• Visit the link which I gave you above
  • Select your career on which region
  • Select your phone model & check for the very latest software listed
  • click the download button, fill-up the form which is displayed after & compelete the download
  • once downloaded, install the software
  • after, open the desktop manager, connect the device.
  • (take a back-up of all your data), update the device

Note: As I said, If you did not bought the device via the operator (which you select on the above link).. make sure to search for "vendor.xml" file & delete if after installing the software, but before upgrading device

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
makdafaisal

Dear sir many thanks for your information. Now it's update. But problem I m defacing that when I get any bbm or SMS or email, it's show only symbol but did not show how many messages I got I.e. no numerical number display. Pls help

Please use plain text.