Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
satishkariya
My Device: curve 8520

Re: Software update for BB curve 8520

i think its better to switch andorid bcoz Team Blackberry & RIM dont provide support to their old customers.

Contributor
rclosure
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9330

I think you're right. Lol!
Richard Closure
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Are there particular issues with your phones that require a software update to fix? 

as for Blackberry/RIM not providing support, they do - it's via your carriers, any issues they are unable to help you with they can escalate into RIM. Or you can ask here where there are many fellow Blackberry users who are willing to assist if you are experiencing a particular issue. 

Android is one of the most fragmented mobile OS's on the market - only a very few handsets run the latest version, with individual mobile phone makers and carriers deciding whether or not to release an OS upgrade. 

Contributor
satishkariya

new software OS supports many new apps, gives chance to use new features,

as far as my carrier is concern they are telling that RIM is not giving us any update so we cant provide.

its seems that BB users are stuck , we need to pay higher charges compare to others to avail Blackberry services.

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

You find the same true of android, developers will work on the latest few versions of the OS so some apps are not available on some of the handsets. 

Is there a particular app you are looking for? If a developer has released one for OS6 or OS7 they may be porting it to the other OS if you contact them. 

As for the cost of a blackberry data plan, that is up to the carrier to Charge. I must be honest and say my plan with blackberry data costs the same as a plan for an android phone on my network, but I know I use less data out of my allowance due to the compression between my phone and RIM's servers. 

Contributor
rclosure

Will there be an software update to 7 at least? I'm still at 6.0.
Richard Closure
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Devices running OS6 do not have the hardware to run OS7, so no.

There may be updates for OS6 released to fix any bugs or issues though I would expect.
Contributor
rclosure

Then that's sounds cool enough for me. But I haven't received one in almost a year. And normally, I'd receive a software update at leats every 6 months or less...
Richard Closure
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

As I asked before, with the exception of wanting to run a particular app is there a software bug with your phone that an updated version of OS6 would fix?
Contributor
satishkariya

i want wifi calling, mobile hotspot & Fm radio which is only possible in os7.1