Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8330 Curve

Solid RED appointments with no rhyme or reason?

Does anyone know why some appointments have a red background color while others do not? I recently changed my Calendar >> Options >> Calendars/Desktop >> Appointment Color >> to “None”. Now some of my appointments have a solid red background color and others have “None”. I first thought this was a conflict alert of some sort but it is not. The Red and/or “None” colored appointments may overlap one another or stand alone; their “Show As” can be Free, Tentative, Busy, or Out of Office; and they can be recurring or single appointments. All day appointments are not affected nor does they presence (or not) affect the time specific appointment color(s) in any way. The only consistent trait I see is that this only occurs to current or future appointments (all red is removed from those past ) and they occur within the Start of Day and End of Day times established in General Calendar Options >> Formatting. Otherwise...this no color/red color seems to be random :-( Help! Anyone? :-)
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Re: Solid RED appointments with no rhyme or reason?

Is it possible that you have more than one calendar in your BB?  I noticed that after I synced mine with Outlook, I ended up with some appts in red, some in blue, & others in green.  Then I saw that it somehow had 3 calendars instead of my typical/usual one...  I believe what caused it was the fact that I had a different email address listed for CICAL and SMIME.  (One had my email addy, the other had the BB email addy.)

If this is the case & you wish to only use 1 calendar, backup your data (use desktop manager) because the following steps will irreversibly merge everything into one calendar:

1. Open the CALENDAR
  2. Press the MENU button
  3. Select OPTIONS
  4. Then type MOVE on the keypad.  (Note: What you type will not be displayed on the screen, so don't freak out.)
  5. Choose YES when asked to move all appts into the base system calendar. **** Which calendar is the base? ****
  6. Upon completion, do a hard reset by taking the battery out while the device is still on, then put the battery back in.  (Some call this a battery pull.)

**** This will move all calendar entries existing on the Device Default calendar to the active calendar shown under Options > Advanced Options > Default Services. ****

If calendar entries are split between two or more  BIS calendars (different email addresses), you should complete the following steps per calendar:

1. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.
  2. Verify the correct email address is shown for Calendar [CICAL].
  3. Press the back arrow and save the changes if prompted.
  4. In the Advanced Options menu, choose Service Book.
  5. Highlight the entry for the calendar you do not want. This will appear as email@domain.com [CICAL].
  6. Press the menu button and select Delete.

By deleting a CICAL, any calendar entries associated with it are moved to a Device Default calendar. This step can be repeated if additional calendars contain entries you want to move.

Once all desired entries have been moved to the Device Default calendar using the above steps, follow the above first steps to move the calendar data into 1, then resend service books to the BlackBerry smartphone.

Service books can be resent to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the tasks in KB02830.

If the calendar is synchronized to a computer with BlackBerry Desktop Manager software, the configuration for BlackBerry Desktop Manager will need to be reset and set up again before completing another synchronization. For more information on synchronization settings, see KB17022.

----

Source:  http://www.port3101.org/featured-blackberry-kb-articles/1672-kb19240-how-merge-multiple-calendars-in...

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!