Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Sometimes i can't answer my Blackberry Curve!

On a number of occasions, I am unable to answer my ringing phone.  This usually happens when I've put the phone in standby mode and more often when it's been in standby for a while.  But not always.

The display shows who is calling and I can hit the "ignore" button but it doesn't react to the answer button.  The phone display works and I can use the track ball, but I can't select anything.  My only recourse is to wait for the ringing to end and then I can turn the phone off and turn it back on again.  After doing that my Curve works fine.  

It's extremely frustrating to not be able to answer incoming calls!!

Anyone else experience this and solve for it?

Thanks,

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Sometimes i can't answer my Blackberry Curve!

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes digital devices can be corrected by pulling the battery while the phone is on, leave it out for 30 seconds or longer, and then put it back in. It is a common solution on this forum.

Let me know if this helps!

By the way, is pseudonym a pseudonym for your real name?  Couldn't resist :smileyhappy:

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Sometimes i can't answer my Blackberry Curve!

It sounds like the phone may be hanging doing something else.  It happened to me several times also.  I receive RSS feeds to my Curve and had them updating every 30 mins.  When I changed the feeds to manually refresh, I stopped getting the hanging effect.  Try not to have too many programs automatically running on the device.  This will slow it down and cause extra problems.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.