Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Swalkers
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry If I am repeating prior posts. New owner of Blackberry Curve cant sync with Macbook Pro

When i plug in my Blackberry via USB it is not recognized.  I downloaded pocketmac and when i try to synchronize i get error code 1.  Help?
Contributor
edjm
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Sorry If I am repeating prior posts. New owner of Blackberry Curve cant sync with Macbook Pro

You may also need to install the "PocketMac Driver update." You can find instructions here:

http://www.pocketmacsupport.net/?section=knowledge&action=view&article_id=96

michaelj

Re: Sorry If I am repeating prior posts. New owner of Blackberry Curve cant sync with Macbook Pro

there is also missing sync for BB it works ok but there is a charge for it.
Visitor
soundan61

[ Edited ]
I'm having the same issue and the driver update did not solve the problem.  Any other ideas?  Getting desperate.
Message Edited by soundan61 on 07-21-2008 02:38 PM
Contributor
edjm
My Device: Curve 8330

soundan61 wrote:
I'm having the same issue and the driver update did not solve the problem.  Any other ideas?  Getting desperate.

That article recommends a kind of regular way and a manual way to update the driver, did you try the manual way (second half of article)? I'll quote it here, it's what worked for me:

Here are some steps you can perform to make sure the new patch is installed correctly:

1. Please unplug your BlackBerry and count to 60 seconds. This allows the
driver to completely release. (Likely, the driver wasn't released last time you tried installing the patch, so the new one didn't install correctly.)

2. Please open Finder, and locate the following folder: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions/.

3. Within the "Extensions" folder, you will see a list of .kext files. scroll down the very long list, and locate the two files that start with "BlackBerry" files.

4. Please remove both of these files from your Mac: "BlackBerry.kext" and "BlackBerryUSBDev.kext". You will need your Apple Administrator user account password to remove these files from the Extensions folder. After you do so, empty your trash, please.

5. If you have not done so already, or if you have deleted the file, please download the
DriverUpdate.dmg from here, using the instructions above again to download and install the patch:
http://www.discoverblackberry.com/discover/mac_solutions.jsp

6. After you've finished the installer/driver package, please restart your Macintosh.

7. Finally, plug-in your BlackBerry handheld, then launch PocketMac for BlackBerry. The PocketMac Sync Manager should now be able to find your BlackBerry.