Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Sounds on Curve 8310

I recently purchased a curve 8310. How do I set up different sounds for alerting me when I have a text message

or a voice mail or anything other than a phone call?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Sounds on Curve 8310

Go to the profile icon > Scroll down to Advanced {press trackball}

Highlight the profile you wish to edit, then press the MENU button. (the one with all the dots on it, to the left of the trackball)

Highlight Edit and press trackball in.

A list will come up with all the different things you can change the tone for.

:womanwink:

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
My Device: Curve

Profile Icon?  I've been trying to figure out how to configure the ringers on this brand new phone and had to call Sprint provisioning twice already.  Each time, new icons appeared, but I don't see anything with a caption like "Profile". 

Where is this "Profile" icon and what should it look like?

Same as it ever was . . .
Regular Contributor
My Device: Verizon 8330

Make sure that you press the 'blackberry' logo button, to bring up all your icons on the main screen (depending on what theme you are running).

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

The profile icon says 'profiles' when you scroll over it..

lol, pretty simple stuff..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~