Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Plado
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Speakerphone Key ? Where is it hiding please

You put it very well and I sympathize entirely.  I'm sorry to say that despite us all being in an advanced technological age, it's still not possible to find good manual writers.  Composing instruction manuals is a really hard to find skill.  It's a bit like being able to teach.  Those who can, do; those who can't, teach isn't that the saying.

Some people just have the knack of being able to pitch the teaching just right without patronizing the person learning.

The 1000x number means you have 1000 characters you can type as text attached to the photo you are sending as an MMS (Multi media message service) from the phone.  ie if you're sending the photo to someone you can write up to 1000 characters in text message that goes with it.  It's very generous but there is a downside - the longer the text message and the larger the photo resolution the more data you're sending down the line and the more money your service provider charges you for sending the picture message to another similarly equipped phone user.

I didn't know that fact.  So to give you a tip I put into a Google search [what does the 1000x mean on the camera blackberry Curve 8900]  straight off the top of the results list I got my answer.  So it wasn't too tricky.  But again it proves the manual is short of a lot of info.  I reckon because the Blackberry make their own phones they're not as well versed in the ins and outs of regular texting as makers such as Nokia Motorola Ericsson Sony etc after all the Blackberry isn't only a phone, it's a little computer and can take movies photos write documents and do all kinds of things.  The manual seems to have let phone related stuff take a back seat in the mass of proud stuff the help files talk about.  We live and learn.   It's a darned good device though.  I've not found anything as good as my Curve 8900 it's better than anything I ever had before it.

Cheers

Plado

Laurie Prior
Please use plain text.
Debrazilla
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Speakerphone Key ? Where is it hiding please

Thank you so much....I was looking for this too.  Your post was a big help.

Please use plain text.