Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sprint Curve 8300 -8 GB card issue

When I use either the mass storage function on the Blackberry or the Roxio software with the BB desktop software, I am able to put more than 7 gigs of data onto my 8 gb card (have never formatted the card).  Additionally, on the blackberry, in options, it shows that the card has 7.6 gig capacity, and only a little bit of space free.  When I go to my media (music and photos), however, only part of my media is being recognized by the Curve.  I am guessing the phone is only seeing about 4 gigs of data.  Anyone know how I can fix this???  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!  It is driving me crazy.........
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Sprint Curve 8300 -8 GB card issue

8GB memory cards are only supported with device OS version 4.3 or higher. Check that yours is high enough. Go to Options > About. Should be listed in the 3rd line.
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion.  I checked, and my version says it is 4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.073).  Also, as I mentioned, the BB seems to read the card - under Options/Media Card - it shows total space of 7.6 BG.  And shows free space of less than 1 GB.  Any other thoughts????????
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330- Sprint

how did you get music to transfer to the phone. my media manager says it does not detect this device. bb says its a software problem that they are working on

New Contributor

Re: Re: Sprint Curve 8300 -8 GB card issue

I'm having no luck transfering music to my phone..can I do this w out a mem card? The roxio is showing what pics r on the phone and a couple songs but the songs rnt on it???
New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Sprint Curve 8300 -8 GB card issue

Its saying to change filter settings?? I have no clue..please help.
Contributor

i'm as lost as everyone is . i cant offer any help.lol
Contributor

but i do know that the sprint phone is version 4.3
Contributor

Recollection from a post I read somewhere, perhaps howardforums.com, I thought 4.3 supports 6GB and something else (?beta 4.5?) is needed for 6+.  But I cannot speak authoritatively.

I know I read something along those lines because it shaped my decision to buy 4GB only -- largest, safest choice -- for now and wait until the O/S capabilities caught up to the available card choices.  Myself being on an 8330 and Bell Mobility, which takes a conservative (read: glacial) approach to it's release updates, I just figured it was the prudent thing to do.

/S 

Contributor

finso wrote:
... (have never formatted the card).

I *would* format the card before use/reliance on it!

/S