Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Starting over with BlackBerry Internet Service

CClio333 wrote:

I spoke to a manager at Verizon yesterday. He told me that the Verizon help desk people can only help me with issues related to making calls or sending texts, and nothing else. They can't set up my BIS for me. He also told me that having a data plan is mandiatory for any account with a smart phone, and that they got rid of all data plans other than the unlimiited data plan that I'm currently paying $30 a month for but can't use.

This is completely untrue and inaccurate.  Verizon can and should help with your BIS account.  You need to call back and if they can't help then press them to escalate the case to RIM.  

It is not uncommon to get misinformation like this.  Continue to call back to Verizon support until you get someone who knows what they're talking about.   if nobody can fix it then demand your case be escalated to RIM. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

CClio333 wrote:

He also told me that having a data plan is mandiatory for any account with a smart phone, and that they got rid of all data plans other than the unlimiited data plan that I'm currently paying $30 a month for but can't use.

This part is actually true, but they should be adding a BlackBerry plan.  It's possible the BlackBerry plan is more expensive (not necessarily, but possible) but they definitely offer it and should put it on your account. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed. If you don't get an answer that makes sense, ask for a manager or feel free to ask here. I truly believe they sometimes just make stuff up ton get you off their back.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Xandrex wrote:

when you look at the home screen, in the top right corner ,what is written exactly ? is it in capitals ?

I was referring to the home screen on your BlackBerry phone.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.