Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kanuchaudhary
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: AirTel
Accepted Solution

Still heating up and battery drains out

I had given my Curve 9220 to Blackberry expert, Nehru place as it was heating up and the battery drained out very fast. I got it back yesterday but it still gets heated up and the battery drains out very quickly. What should I do?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Still heating up and battery drains out

Hello kanuchaudhary

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Some time our BlackBerry devices may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging Or if applications run in the background . If we press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) you can always look if any other apps. are running in the background.

Also always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application. Don't leave your Browser open when not in use. If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage. Please have a look at those Article I hopeit will help you a lot in overcoming your problems  :

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kanuchaudhary

Yes I've checked that but the phone still heats up and the battery gets heated too
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kanuchaudhary

It takes much time to charge!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Setting > BlackBerry Device analyzer > Run the Battery test to know about the issue .

Or on your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management . Move your trackpad right or left within it show CPU Usuages , it will atleast give you an idea which application is using your resources .

Check it and see if any app is responsible for the issue .

Regading Charging issue , our BlackBerry Battery are lithium ion battery it won't take too much time to charge , it can attain a full charge ( 100% ) within 2hrs. If your device is taking too much time then be sure you have connected to a wall socket which has a good and constant power supply .Or you have to visit your service provider to check if it's a hardware fault.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kanuchaudhary

I've got it back from there! But they say its perfectly okay! Do should I change the battery?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi kanu

Currently what problem you're having ? You're device still heats up Or your battery is taking too much time to charge ? How many hrs it's taking to attain 100% or full charge ?

Have you gone through those suggestion , What is your conclusion !

No need to buy a new Battery but for your satisfaction if you can barrow a good BlackBerry battery from any of your friend then test it on your device , It will reveal if the problem is within the battery or the device itself . If it's a device issue then contact your service provider again and explain specifically those issue or problem you're having .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kanuchaudhary

The device heats up and the battery too gets drained out
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

kanuchaudhary wrote:
The device heats up and the battery too gets drained out

So , have you tried those suggestion to see if any application is using your Battery resources Or have you run a battery test using Device Analyzer !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kanuchaudhary

I am unable to find the device analyzer! And yes I have read and dealt will all your above suggestions.
Please use plain text.