Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Murphyy94
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

Stolen Blackberry Curve 9320

I have recently had my blackberry stolen so I rang up my sevice provider which is Vodafone to lock the phone to prevent others using it. However, I just discovered you can GPS track your mobile and when I checked the staus of my mobile it said active. So I was wondering will i have to unlock my phone and then try and locate it by using GPS? 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
HailBB
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Stolen Blackberry Curve 9320

You would be correct if you called your service provider and they have taken away your data service that would need to be put back for this feature to work. As well as when you set up blackberry protect you would have to had check of the mark to enable the gps feature.

Please note that if someone had wiped the phone then you may not be able to use this feature.

Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Stolen Blackberry Curve 9320

Hi Murphyy94,

Do you have BlackBerry Protect installed in your phone? If yes only then you'll be able to track your phone.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.