Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

nkerkham

Stop synchronising on a 8310 Curve

Hello

For those of us who remember ActiveSync with WM, you used to be able to set times when the device would sync your email. It is quite frustrating getting emails at 1am when you are trying to sleep.

Is there any way of setting this time on the device or in the BES.

I know you can go in and turn the Data Services off, or silence the profile, but if there is another way, i would be all ears.

Look forward to hearing a reply.

Thanks

Neil

(First time Blackberry user)

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Re: Stop synchronising on a 8310 Curve

[ Edited ]

The only other way I'm aware of is to either turn the device off, or by going to Messages | Options | Email Settings - you can set the Send Email to Handheld setting to No. There's also a setting if you want to leave the BlackBerry connected to your computer via usb cable. In the Desktop Manager you can go into Email Settings and check the box Turn off message redirection while my device is connected to my computer

That's what the BlackBerry does however, continuously pushes emails to the device.

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 09-08-2008 12:11 AM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
nkerkham

Re: Stop synchronising on a 8310 Curve

Right.

Thanks for that, i might wait to see if there is anyone else that may have an idea.

Thanks heaps though.

Neil

Please use plain text.