Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Strange battery problem. Sim in phone battery dead. Take sim out and the battery says full charge

Right now I have my sim card out of the 8320 and the battery shows a full charge. When I put the sim back in and reboot the phone it says the battery is dead and the phone is shutting down. This makes no sense. Could the sim be bad and is causing with the phone or battery?

Please help

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Strange battery problem. Sim in phone battery dead. Take sim out and the battery says full charg

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

It is possibly the sim that is causing trouble. Does the phone power down without the SIM installed at all? Try someone else's battery to rule out the battery issue.

Keep us posted

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Highlighted
My Device: curve
My Carrier: t mobile

Re: Strange battery problem. Sim in phone battery dead. Take sim out and the battery says full charg

I have the same problem with the battery saying drained when the sim card is inserted.

The battery works in another curve.  And it shows fully charged when the sim card is out.

What should I do?