Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Strange issue on EAS

I have 10 BB smartphones Curve 8330 using Exchange ActiveSync into my Exchange 2003 SP2 server. I don't have BES. Everybody gets emails and can create new messages with no problem. Nobody can forward or reply to messages. I have tried to reply and forward to internal organization email accounts and to external yahoo accounts without any results. There are no messages of any kind and the users believe that their replies went out. I have to say that I don't have any of these problems with iPhones v 2.0 and up using EAS, no problems with smartphones from Verizon (don't remember the model), no problems with any windows based pocket PCs over wi-fi (Dell Axim, etc). I need help with this cause I am just about to get rid of all of them and buy smartphones instead. Many thanks!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Strange issue on EAS

BB's with exchnage active sync? does it even work. There is no support for this setup anywhere.

you can integrate your email accounts using OWA/IMAP/POP protocols on your exch via blackberrry internet service. this will giver you email sync wireless but not anything else. all pim and calenadar still  needs to be sync using wire via bb desktop manager

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Well these are BB smartphones and like any other smartphones they should work with EAS without BES. I sync PIM and Calendar with Blackberry Desktop and that is not a problem. Do I need BES or EAS should work just fine...eventhough I am having big problems.
New Contributor

I guess that after all, this is a form of OWA. I see big delays with new messages (10 mins.), but still, why I cannot reply and forward? OWA is working fine when connecting from home PCs.

Forums Veteran I

no BB's dont work with EAS and there is no support for it.

yes you can go for BES and thats your only choice to get everyhting done wirelessly on BB's. Since you only got 10 bb's, you can download BlackBerry Professional Software which is a free download with 1 user license.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/professional/

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

I see...This might be a god solution for me. I am very troubled with the way OWA is working with BBs. It should refresh everything after 15 mins. That is correct when it comes down to new messages, but nothing for replies and forwards.
Forums Veteran I

what happens after your reply? doe sit come back with red x or soes it have a check mark?

if its red x, click on that message and post the message status here and if its check mark, go into OWA and look and sent items and see if the item is posted in sent items on OWA?

New Contributor

Nothing happens. You can send the reply and the recipient never gets it. I don't get anything back.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

go into OWA and look and sent items and see if the item is posted in sent items on OWA?