Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
AilaD
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodaphone
Accepted Solution

Stuck in Emergency Calls Only & can't enter my alpha security password as will only allow numbers

After a software update (12 hours ago) my Blackberry Curve 9320 is stuck in "Emergency Calls Only" mode.  I have an alpha security password so it won't allow me to enter that to try to fix or reconnect the network - it will only allow numbers from the keypad.

Tried removing & re-inserting battery - no joy.

How do I either get my password entered or get out of Emergency Calls Only mode?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AilaD
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Re: Stuck in Emergency Calls Only & can't enter my alpha security password as will only allow numbers

Hi, 

Resolved this myself.  I previously had a numeric security password so tried putting that in.  It was accepted & seemed to allow the network to reconnect which then meant I was out of Emergency Calls Only mode & could enter my alpha security password & get into my phone.

Rather odd but has been suggested that my SIM may be holding my old password which I used with my last phone.

Unusual scenario but hope this might help others.

Please use plain text.