Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: O2

Stuck on "Restoring BBM" when going through BBM restore process

[ Edited ]

I'm upgrading from a Curve 8520 to a Curve 9320, so I backed up all my files and then restored it all onto my new phone. Everything works fine, signal, network, texts, calling, internet etc, but when I go onto the BBM app it asks me to type in my BB ID, which I do and then once it gets to restoring BBM it doesn't do anything even after being left for an hour. I've tried to follow methods of restoring online and on the forums but none work since the only option I have is to enter my ID and then there's only close options after that. 

Any help? 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Stuck on "Restoring BBM" when going through BBM restore process

Hey,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry Messenger 7 was not available for the BlackBerry 8520 smartphone so the BlackBerry Messenger contacts would not have been backed up using the BlackBerry ID.

Please Remove BlackBerry Messenger 7 and from the browser install BlackBerry Messenger 6 from this URL http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6.

Once BlackBerry Messenger 6 is installed restore your BlackBerry Messenger contacts from your backup file and after the contacts have been restored you can then update to BlackBerry Messenger 7.

I hope this helps.
Cheers!

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 9320 Curve
My Carrier: Cell C

Hi
I have a similar problem, but did the update on my Curve 9320 - and now cannot launch bbm .. it tells me it is verifying it with the server and then a temporary server connection has occured - and the option to retry
is this a server issue or an upgrade issue - others who have not done the update have access to bbm

New Contributor

@hatchback

I'm not downloading BBM 7 for my 8520 I'm downloading it for my new 9320. I can use the old BBM 6 but I can only download that through a direct link online and not on the app world so when I go to download BBM 7 it "reinstalls" it and doesn't replace the version so it doesn't fix the issue at all. There isn't links online to download BBM 7 through a direct link that I can find, any help?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi kitkatmoofin

If you are having problem then first Uninstall BlackBerry Messenger from your device, for that On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and highlight BlackBerry Messenger  > press the menu key then delete it .

Once deleted Perform a battery pull restart like this Device powered on remove the battery wait for a min then reinsert it back wait till device reboots.Then from your BlackBerry Browser browse or click on this link   www.blackberry.com/bbm and download BBM7 on your device.

Please try it and let us know of your progress.                  

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

@prince2012 

I already tried doing that about 5 times previously to even posting this aha. Like I've said, whenever I do that or upgrade to BBM 7 it just stays on "Restoring BBM". 

Elite II

kitkatmoofin wrote:

@prince2012 

I already tried doing that about 5 times previously to even posting this aha. Like I've said, whenever I do that or upgrade to BBM 7 it just stays on "Restoring BBM". 

Hi kikatmoofin

Can you confirm if you have BlackBerry Data Plan on your account ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Yes I have the correct data plan, I'm on O2 and pay £15 a month on pay as you go for 500 texts, BBM and 500mb internet. I previously had a BB and just upgraded so I defiently know I have the right one. 

Elite II

kitkatmoofin wrote:

Yes I have the correct data plan, I'm on O2 and pay £15 a month on pay as you go for 500 texts, BBM and 500mb internet. I previously had a BB and just upgraded so I defiently know I have the right one. 

Hi kikatmoofin

If you already have the Correct BlackBerry Data Plan then can locate and try it again over wi-fi . 

New Contributor

Already tried doing that, doesn't work.