Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
markf028
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange UK

Stuck when rebooting

Hi, last week, I updated my BBM to the Beta, all was well. However, 3 days ago, I checked BBM when I woke up and it came with an error, and has since done this for 3 days. So, this morning, I connected up to the desktop manager, removed BBM, then once it restarted, reinstalled BBM 5, upon reinstall, the phone stuck on the rebooting page with a full bar and won't go further. It won't even let me reconnect my phone to the desktop manager, what can I do?!

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markf028

Re: Stuck when rebooting

Oh, and I've got the Curve 3G 9300 not the 8520

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi markf028

It may be possible that the BBM Installation is corrupt,So please try to start your device on Safe Mode ,On Safe Mode Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Delete BBM from there:

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

If you are able to boot on Safe Mode and remove BBM from your device then perform a battery pull restart like this device POWERED ON remove the Battery wait a min. then re - insert it back . After that from your BlackBerry Browser go to www.blackberry.com/bbm  or refer to this Article : HOWTO : install BBm 6.2 if you have trouble with BBm 7 . Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markf028

Thanks for the reply!

I've managed to get my phone back on, however, its come up with a message; Uncaught exception: applet already exists 

What does this mean? Am I best off resetting my phone back to factory settings, you know, like just starting afresh again?

Mark

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi markf028

Its good if your device is back on , Generally factory setting is the last resort ,Try accessing the event log and see which application is causing this error to access Event Log On your Homescreen hold ALT then type LGLG ,

KB29215 : How to view event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone.

It will pop up a screen ,scroll down and where you can see a field  " UNcaught exception " click on it to find which application is related to it and UNinstalling that application may solve the problem but if it is not releted to any apps then reloading your devicve software is much better then wiping your device.

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

But do your Backup first.try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markf028

It SEEMS to be working fine now, so how do I get BBM 7 back? I'm currently on 5 and its awful!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi markf028

Currently BBM7 is available from OS 6 onwards so you had to wait until RIM releases it for OS 5 also.If you want BBM7 then you had to update your  Curve 9300 to OS 6 .

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markf028

I'm on OS6, on my 9300!! I had BBM 7 beta but I was having these problems which forced me to my original post. How do I get the official release?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi mark028

Visit App World or from your BlackBerry Browser go to www.blackberry.com/bbm , If BBM7 is available for your device you will get the official version.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markf028

Working now, thanks

Please use plain text.