Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN

Supplementary Service error: general error/ Call failed

Hi, guys please help, am very frustrated as I am not able to make or receive any calls or sms's. Everytime I try, i receive an immediate message saying " supplementary service error. or "call failed". When everybody else calls me it goes straight to voicemail.  

I tried the battery pull, I did the security wipe, I called the service provider, nothing seems to work. has any of you ever experienced this? what did you do? please advice. 

Under "manage connections" on the main menu, i checked the "service status" and it says not connected under "mobile voice". Other applications work very well, such as facebook, whatsapp, bbm and google talk. 

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Supplementary Service error: general error/ Call failed

Hi Makhasane

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

There are no specific  workaround regarding this error but From what I have noticed  in most cases this " supplementary Service error " is resolved after replacing a new SIM , So I prefer you should try that option Or if your device is still under warranty contact your service provider.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.