Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

tsavage13
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Supported media files / attachment files : multimedia

I got my BlackBerry Curve 8330 on Sprint last week and was very irritated to find out that I can't view .3G2 videos on it. It's one of the major mobile video formats and it's not supported by my Curve.

Otherwise, it's a great phone, which makes the lack of .3G2 support even more glaring and annoying.

Does anyone know if RIM has any intention of updating their video codecs?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

the greatest majority of mobile phones are GSM.
and GSM mobile phones use the 3GPP format (which is taken care of by BlackBerry devices).

CDMA mobile phones usually use the 3GPP2 format, I am not sure they will ever be supported.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
anthsorr
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

My Blackberry media manager (BBDesktopManager Version 4.2.214) does not recognize a .gts file, i.e.(the file doesn't show in the BBMM window).

The window states: "There are no media files in this foldethat match the filter setting. To change the filter settings, click the filter for Media Types button.
Note: There may be other types of files in this folder. Media Manager displays only media files."

I have "Show All Files" selected in the filter settings. I even tried dragging the folder contents from my desktop into the window of the BBMM window, directly from my desktop to my devices folder. It asks if "I want to copy with conversion", I slect "Copy With No Conversion", but nothing appears in the window, it still states: "There are no media files in this foldethat match the filter setting. To change the filter settings, click the filter for Media Types button."

I am using an app called gRef and gFlash, I am trying to load more files for the app. Here is a link for more info:

http://forum.gwhizmobile.com/showthread.php?t=145

this link shows some screenshots of the BBMM recognizing the .gts file extention

http://www.gwhizmobile.com/Desktop/desktopmgr.php

Please Help : )

Message Edited by anthsorr on 06-30-2009 01:44 PM
Message Edited by anthsorr on 06-30-2009 01:49 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

the best help you can get is by going on their forum and ask for support. They know better.

but I can give you a tip : if it's just to copy your GTS files to/from your BlackBerry device, you can do that without the Desktop Manager and without the Media Manager. All you need is Windows Explorer. Please read :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...
HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.