Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
Catebb
My Device: Not Specified

Switching a Bell 8830 to another carrier?

[ Edited ]

I OWN a 8830 which is licensed (Branded) by Bell. I've recently switched the phone over to another carrier and BES/BIS isn't working, keeps saying "Activation failed, no service connection" with Enterprise Activation. I've also noticed the network still displays as "Bell Mobility" even though I'm on another provider and can make phone calls/send SMS.

The Host Routing Table is empty. Service Book was empty too, but using the "Switch Device" option from desktop manager to import settings from my older BlackBerry, I now have a few things in Service Book.

- username@provider.blackberry.com[CMME]
- BBFS2 [BBIMConfig]
- BBFS2 [YHO]
- BBFS1 [BBIMConfig]

Enterprise Activation still saying "Not activated". When I try, activation failed - no service connection. I've noticed within the CDMA Service Program Edit screen (Yes, I have the master lock code) SIP user ID (Only MIP is available) option is missing, I need this for the new carrier. Anyway to get it in there?

You'd think they'd make this simple for customers that have bought the hardware outright. It's my property now, should be able to do as I please. Perhaps is it possible to reinstall the RIM operating system so it's not tailored to Bell anymore?

Message Edited by Catebb on 06-20-2008 01:04 PM
jperron
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Switching a Bell 8830 to another carrier?

Were you able to switch your 8830 over.  I am encountering the same problem, but with a sister carrier company (sasktel and bell)  I am with bell but purchased a replacement phone with saskatchewan tel.  I cannot receive any emails or use BB messenger.  Is it possible to assign the ESN from my old 8830 to the new one?  Can anyone help with this?  Would be greatly appreciated?  thanks.  Acutally let me know if you are interested in selling ur 8830 as I am still on the bell network.

JOhn