Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Mfonabasi
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

Switching to a new BB phone

How do i transfer my contacts,messages, apps and BBM contacts to a new BB phone from the old phone, to a new BB phone? Must i individually informed my friends of the new device pin?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Switching to a new BB phone

Hi Mfonabasi,

Welcome to the Community,

If your are switching device then Blackberry Desktop Software can use to accomplish your goal,Have a look at the Article of KB regarding switching device using BB  Desktop Software :

How to switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software Hope it helps.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mfonabasi
My Carrier: MTN

The new challenge i have is with my existing BB ID on the old curve 2. I had given the old phone to a friend, but i am unable to create a new BB ID for the new user of my curve 2 on the old phone. How can i create a new BB ID account on the old phone, without it promting to switch me from my new BB to the old BB?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi Mfonabasi

Before handing over your old device have you performed the steps its needed  to be done. Have a look  BlackBerry smartphone must be security wiped before transferring ownership  .So perform a security wipe on your old device  it will allow you to create a new BlackBerry ID on your old device.

Prince

Please use plain text.