Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Sync'ing to a Specific Outlook Profile

Irwinll you may be right. Maybe you should fully uninstall DTM, restart computer and then install a fresh copy.
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Sporras when up updated to 4.7 did you do a clean uninstall or just uninstall through Add/Remove Programs?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

[ Edited ]
If he did the uninstall through add/remove programs, it would have kept his prior settings, non?

Not at the pc so can't look, but isn't there an option to clear/reset config settings in DTM?
Message Edited by IrwinII on 06-04-2009 07:03 PM
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

It shouldn't. I know doing some uninstalls through Add/Remove programs still leaves behind folders so I think that's why a lot of us recommend doing an clean uninstall.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII

I seem to remember when I updated from DTM 4.3 to 4.6 that it didn't make me reset my config settings. I just used add/remove programs.

But I thought there was an button to manually reset that.
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

There is under Synchronize | Synchronization there's a "Reset Configuration" button you can hit. I don't know if that removes all of the folders and removes the registry entries that doing a clean uninstall does
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII

I was trying to get sporras back to the point where he could continue with kijanasmart's steps listed on page, was it, 2?
IrwinII
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Yes it was on the 2nd page. Message #13
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII

Thanks. That would be a shorter step for him to try resetting before having to do the clean uninstall which I've never had to do. Looked pretty detailed to me & I don't like getting into the registry.

It would make me nervous to do that!
IrwinII
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sporras
My Device: Not Specified

I did neither a "clean uninstall" or an uninstall via Add/Delete Programs.  I simply updated to DTM v4.7 with DTM v4.3 in place.  So should I uninstall DTM via Add/Delete, update to DTM v4.7, and then try Kinjasmart's routine? 

sporras

Please use plain text.