Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

mohanrav
My Device: Not Specified

Synch the contacts with the Blackberry 8300

Hi Team,

we have a issue with one of our customer stating that,"he is not able to synch the contacts with the BB.Emails are working perfect.BB model is 8300.I checked for the wireless synch options in the address book to change that to yes.

But he says he dint find any.

We activate the passwords using BES and Enterprise activation has been done properly.

We tried with Switching off the device,removing the battery and placed it back.But in vain.

Please let me know how to synch the contacts now..?

Is that wireless synch option is avilable at any other options in main menu..?

Thanks for your help!!

Regards,

Mohan R

Asst.Engineer

Level 1 BlackBerry Support

Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Re: Synch the contacts with the Blackberry 8300

Hello,

if you go to :

options-> Advanced options -> Enterprise activation

Does it say Activated or does it jump to Activiting or a %?

I have a feeling you may find the device is NOT activated as the contacts are usualy sync'ed last (90/91% - 99%).

Next, check his Outlook Contacts. Are they on the Exchange server or in a PST file on his pc/file server?

PST files cannot be configured through the BES. He will have to use the Desktop Manager (as a BIS option) so sync any Local PST file contacts to the BB.

He will have to do this regularly  to update any contacts he has. Several companies use this as a method due to a lack of usable contacts in Lotus..... (I dont have Lotus so I cant check this usability situation...)

Further info would be great... Thanks.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq