Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
dawn_h1
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco

Synching my Calendar

Can someone please please help me?  I am trying to sync my gmail calendar to my blackberry, but apparently I need a physics degree or similar to be able to do so......  I used to use google synch, but this no longer works & they have stopped supporting it for blackberry, so no help there.  Reading through many forums I saw that I could use BIS to do this.  Have downloaded what I think is BIS but mystified about what to do next.  I only want to synch my gmail calendar to my blackberry one, how hard can it be????? Can someone give me some step by step instructions as to what I need to do?  many thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Synching my Calendar

"Download" BIS? BIS is the consumer email service provided by RIM's servers so I'm not sure what you have downloaded?

You can find a guide to turning on the sync here = http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2010/11/gmail-sync-blackberry/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dawn_h1
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco

Re: Synching my Calendar

Hi - thanks for that.  I actually downloaded blackberry desktop software, which is what I found on the blackberry site, when I put in the question about synching, but it doesn't do what I wanted and seems to be just the same as came with the phone. Anyway what you sent has worked & was exactly what I needed - no idea why it was so hard to find.  many thanks

Please use plain text.