Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Synching to Outlook Error

I have my curve and am trying to get addreses in from Outlook 2007.  This is non-enterrpise (personal).

I setup the desktop software, and configure the synch to work w/ Outlook.  I get done w/ setup and click finish and an error box pops up saying: "Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder could not be found." 

Any idea what this means?  I have 200+ contacts in Outlook address book.

Thanks in advance for any help. 

New Contributor

Re: Synching to Outlook Error

Are you going through Desktop Manager?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Do you get this error when you are running the Installation program or when you are starting the Desktop Manager program?

Sounds like this is an Install progeram error. (saved to a file server that was no longer available when the install program was closing?)

I'd download the program from Blackberry again and save it to youer desktop.
Run the install form there and then only when the program has installed and closed back to the desktop, only then can you delete the installation program.

Let us know how you go, because I've never heard of that error before (and no listing on the BTSC).

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

Here are the steps: 

1. downloaded the desktop software v4.3 from BB site on a Vista Ultimate PC, Outlook 2007. (saved to desktop, then ran it)

2  Installed it.

3. Deleted the downloaded install zip file

4. started desktop manager

5. Choose synchronize

6. go to configuration tab

7. Select application = Address Book

8. Choose MS Outlook

9. Choose one way synch,  check replace all data

10. Click Next

11. Outlook User Profile  - only option is Outlook Connector Profile.  Click Next

12. Click Finish

Get error box: "Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder could not be found"

I've uninstalled and started from scratch.  No dice.

Any thoughts?

(thanks for the help)

Same ERROR!  Very frustrating!!!

"Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder could not be found"

Can't find solution on boards or BB support sites.

-Always used Palm, so an exasperated newbie!

-Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330

-Outlook 2003

-Tried it with Desktop Mgr v.4.5  and  v.4.3

Can't get mt contacts transferred, PLEASE HELP!!!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/archive/index.php?t-61892.html

The error seems to be connected to having a connector for your contacts...   :smileyhappy:   Pardon the pun.

The post on the above thread reads:

"

seizuriffic
04-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Ran into this error for a user who had DM 4.2 and was using MSN within Outlook. User had a local .pst associated with the Outlook account, and was manually copying data into those folders for the Blackberry to synchronize with. After adjusting a few account settings everything stopped working.

The user uninstalled 4.2 and upgraded to 4.3, but still no dice. The issue was that 4.3 wanted to see Outlook's mail delivery location set to the Outlook account, not the online msn account. (Outlook - Tools - Account Settings - Mail Delivery location)

We changed the mail delivery settings and applied them (leaving Outlook open), ran DM and set all of the synchronization settings and ran sync. After that completed we went back into Outlook and set the delivery path back. This prevented Outlook from messing with the calendars and folders as it warns with the first change.

Synchronization kept working after that.
"
This is the case if you have your Outlook hooked to a remote file.  Our office uses these connectors for Outlook.