Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
1texan
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Synchonization & Calendar

I just bought an 8330 and downloaded the BB software.  Is there a way to download my calendar on the computer to the phone?  I assume I use Synchronize, but I don't know if that will work as I don't see anything that says it will load the calendar.  I almost purchased the new Instinct phone sprint offers but was told there was no way to download  a calendar from the computer.  Please tell me there is a way?  Thanks.

You can tell that I am not technical:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Synchonization & Calendar

What calendar software do you use on your PC?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
1texan

We have outlook on the PC, and Works Calendar on the Laptop (i think).  She also has some calendar loaded on the laptop that interfaces with her Treo.  However, she is getting a blackberry as well so we can use whatever works best.  I havent used a calendar at home since my old phone did not support it.  The main reason I purchased this phone was to have calendar functionality.

Long winded way of saying, I think I have a few options depending on whether I use the PC or laptop.  I just want to use what others have had success with.

Thanks for you help. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Writer
My Device: Torch 9810 - AT&T

Mr President?

Just kidding..

I have the Curve 8330 (Verizon).  I have Microsoft Office 2003.

Connect your BB to your Computer  (USB)

I had to download BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.3. The first time you sync, you must click on "Configure".

You will see the list:

Calendar

Memo Pad

Address Book

Tasks

Highlight Calendar and click on Set up;then click on Microsoft Outlook>Click on two way sync> click on next>then Transfer all scheduled items. It will then show the "Congratulations" > click Finish

Go back to the Synchronize tab at the top,click the last three items(not the first) and then click on "Synchronize, and it should sync your calendar (Before the sync, you may want to to the same for the other three items (Memo Pad,Address Book and Tasks). Good Luck

Thanks,

Writer~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
1texan

Nope.  Just another guy from Texas.  I suspect he has had a blackberry for years.

Thanks for the help, I just tried it and it worked!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rsekany

Re: Synchronization & Calendar

It sounds like the fix is loading version 4.3  I have ver 4.2.2... and have been having the problem reoccur

thnx for your help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ewigeli

Will the same instructions work syncing a curve and a mac?
Please use plain text.