Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ftpbub
My Device: Not Specified

Syncing Read/ Unread Messages With Gmail

I use AT&T BIS to read my Gmail in the regular BB mailbox (not the Gmail app). This is my only active email account. My deletes sync up fine between my Gmail and my BB. But, when I read an email on my Gmail account, it is not shown as read on my BB. The opposite is also true.

Is there any way to get the read/ unread flag to properly sync between Gmail and the Curve using the normal mail box? Thanks,

ftpbub

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nerolijasmine
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: Syncing Read/ Unread Messages With Gmail

I doubt read/unread status can sync for emails in Gmail and vice versa. I have the same issue. Apparently wireless reconciliation for read/unread status doesn't work for Gmail. It works fine for my Yahoo account though. 

I think it's a feature that does not support for Gmail.BlackBerry had an article posted on this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB13509&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

***Visit BlackBerry Technical Solution Center (www.blackberry.com/btsc) for answers to your support questions, documentation & related resources***
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

My results have been a bit inconsistant.  I have four Gmail accounts, now all set up as IMAP accounts.  Two that had been set up as POP accounts and I recently changed to IMAP are still getting slow delivery, and only one is syncing Reads between the BlackBerry and the Mailbox.  Two that I have always had set up as IMAP get nearly instant delivery, and sync Reads between the BlackBerry and the Mailbox.

Instructions for setting up your BlackBerry to use IMAP for your Gmail account are here:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=78882 

I also have a Yahoo Mail Plus account ($25/Year) set up as a POP account, and I get near BES like delivery, Reads sync both ways, and if I move email from the Inbox to another folder, it goes away on my BlackBerry.

Jerry
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ftpbub
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you very much for the suggestion. If it comes down to instant push vs. syncing read/ unread messages, read/ unread wins for me. I set up the IMAP as laid out in the link and it works great. Thanks
Please use plain text.