Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Syncing problem

I had been using a Palm Tungston TX for my Calendar, contacts and other  things.  I recently purchased the Blackberry Curve 8330.  It is supposed to be able to Sync with the Palm Calendar and contacts.  So far, while using the desktop manager, I can get the device recognized, but cannot get any information to transfer into the calendar program on the Blackberry.  I would like to do it wireless, but would do it wired if I had to.  The support page shows to bring up the correct application, hit options and then go to the Wireless Synchronization field, but there is none.  Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem?  Also, using the Palm calendar and contacts, I could mask personal contacts and appointments and color code them.  I can't seem to do either of those either.  If anyone has suggestions, for any of these questions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: Syncing problem

You can not sync PIM data wirelessly unless you have a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) account or a hosted BES setup.

You can transfer the data from your Palm to your BlackBerry using the Switch Device Wizard, but it's not designed for ongoing syncronization - just a one time operation (hence the name Switch!).

You can filter what you see in your Address Book using Categories, but you can only view one category at a time.  Also be aware that if you've viewing contacts of a specific category, only those contacts will be available when addressing an email or sending an appointment invitation. 

Jerry