Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Syncing with Outlook 2003

I am having difficultly in syncing my outlook 2003 calendar and addresse to my blackberry curve.  When I'm using the deskmanager 4.7 it does not give me an option for outlook 2003, only outlook express which I don't use.  I spent 2 hours on with customer support and they were not able to figure it out.  Any assistance would be greatly appreiciated.   
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Syncing with Outlook 2003

The synching can be done offline using the Intellisync application which comes with the Blackberry desktop manager application. Install the Blackberry desktop Manager and look for the intellisync option. The Blackberry smart phones have the capability of auto synchronization and synchs with Microsoft Outlook very quickly.

Simply Connect your Blackberry with your computer or laptop and open the Blackberry desktop manager. Click on the intellisync option in the blackberry desktop manager- Under synchronize now - check the synchronization PIM  check box and Click synchronize now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

The disc that came with the phone was loaded and it's version 4.7.   When you open the application it has several options on the Main Menu. The options are Application Loader, Media, Back Up & Restore, Synchronize, Devise Switch Wizard.   When I click on Synchronize it gives me the options of Synchronize, Configure Synchronize or Add in.   So when you click on the first Synchronize it brings you to a another area that has Configure sync settings for my desktop; next is use default settings for the organizer; then View sync log file.  So when you go to the first one (configure sync settings it brings you to intellisync screen where there are three choices: 1) Calendar 2) Memopad 3) Address Book  4) Tasks.... when you check the calendar it gives you three choices 1) none  2) ascii file  3) yahoo.  The same thing happens with the address book, but it does have Microsoft outlook express.  There are no options to give you just Outlook.    I've tried all three telling it to go from devise to Blackberry and nothing loads on my Blackberry. 

As I stated I was on the telephone support for 2 hours and they couldn't figure it out.  I'm wondering if I need a different version of the Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Anyway, I wish you solution was all that easy!  Trust me it doesn't do it.  If you have any other suggestions, please pass them on.

Forums Veteran III

download the desktop manager v4.2 service pack 2 and try again, here is the link

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

BINGO.... thank you so much.  I don't know why the 4.7 didn't work but the 4.2 did perfectly!!!!! Both calendar and address book synced beautifully. 
Forums Veteran III

cool, thanks
New Contributor

Hi guys, I am having a similar problem.......I think....

I received my Blackberry Curve 8900 today and I am trying to sync my telephone contacts from Microsoft Outlook 2000.

But Outlook does not appear in Desktop Manager.....only Outlook Express.

And I have already tried downloading desktop manager version 4.2 sp2, but the problem is that it does not seem to recognise my device when i connect it via USB (I guess because it is an older version of desktop manager).

What should I do?

Thanks.

Forums Veteran III

Try connecting the device to a main usb port on the back in your computer.

What happens if you connect the device to the pc without Blackberry Desktop Manager , the pc can see the device?

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Outlook 2000 stopped being supported after the desktop software 4.2 version you are using, that's why it

wouldn't run under desktop software 4.7.

Try the second link for connectivity issues.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12268&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB00125&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter