If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

swartjie
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: MTN SA

Syncronising addressbook with Outlook

Syncronising addressbook with Outlook result in duplicate contacts on the phone but single in the folder on Outlook, why?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Syncronising addressbook with Outlook

Hey,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

The BlackBerry® smartphone can have multiple contact lists depending on how many email accounts are integrated on the BlackBerry® smartphone, synchronizing with more than one contact list can cause duplicates.

Open your contacts and press the menu key and select Options, here you can see the contact lists and by selecting each one you can see the total number of contacts in each. You can see which contact list your are synchronizing with by checking the default contact list under Options> Device> Advanced System Settings> Default services. 

If this is the case and you have synchronized with multiple contact lists you can clear the contacts database and re-synchronize your contact from Microsoft® Outlook®.

How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10167

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.