Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Louverril
My Device: Curve

Taking ages each month to re-activate blackberry service.

I am a pay as you go Orange blackberry user. Until recently the blackberry (email) service was renewed automatically but in the last few months it keeps stopping and I have to ring Orange  up tp reactivate it - which takes AGES and costs me money. There used to be a link on thier website but this appears to have gone. I run a small business and rely on the email - is there anything I can do about this (apart from switch phones - I can't switch from Orange they have a monopoly on reception in my area - yorkshire dales)? 

Thanks.

PS: Please don't suggest contactiing Orange ! keep doing this and getting nowhere - well, they renew it but a month or so later it stops working and I have to ring them again.

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: Taking ages each month to re-activate blackberry service.

I'm afraid its Orange who control this so they are sadly the ones you need to speak to.

I assume you have enough credit on your phone when it comes to renewing it?  

New Contributor
Louverril
My Device: Curve

Re: Taking ages each month to re-activate blackberry service.

Thank you for your reply.

No -  it is usually not renewed because I have not realised how low the balnce was getting. In the past Orange used to:

. Warn you if your credit was low

. Automatically re-apply the service once you did top up.

. and as said provide a link on the website to re-apply the service yourself if needed.

Now they do none of these things. Either it's sloppy business (they are losing my £5 fee) or it's a policy that they no longer want to encourage Blackberry use.

Oh well - one more reason to change phones - sadly.

Thanks again for your response.