Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sami86
My Device: Curbe 9360

Tech Help

Hi, my bb sunk in water and it doesn't work any more. I bought it while I was in another country but know I'm in CA,US. How can get this fixed. Is there any maintenance store or I have to send it to the head office in Canada.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Tech Help

The device is probably no longer repairable. It would cost more to fix it than it's worth. How long ago did it happen? Did you try to use it while it was wet? It is possible to have the device come back to life if the battery, sim card, and media card are all removed right away and the device set aside to dry for several days. If you didn't do that then I'm afraid the device is fried.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Sorry to hear that... you can call your carrier and ask for options, but I strongly recommend that you get the phone replaced.

You can also try this but no guarantees:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/water-damage/td-p/45834

Yes, I did remove battery and other stuff and left it for several days but still doesn't work. I'm thinking to see price for fixing it if it's reasonable I might do it. But when I visited BB official website I found phone no only. My device surely need to diagnose at first and then tell my fixing cost to decide whether to do it or not.  

Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sami86

I bought with no carrier like unlocked. but thianks I'm going to chick that out. the quistion is can I contact with the head office in Canda and sent it there do you think they would let me know fix and repair it.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You would need to contact your carrier for that. RIM does not directly support the devices. That said, the device likely needs a new main board which is basically the entire device. That's why it's better to just replace the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

sami86 wrote:

I bought with no carrier like unlocked. but thianks I'm going to chick that out. the quistion is can I contact with the head office in Canda and sent it there do you think they would let me know fix and repair it.

You can contact RIM Support but just the call costs $50 with no guarantee of them being able to do anything.  The device likely needs a new main board, and possibly a new display, and is essentially a new device.  Honestly, you're wasting your time.  I would look for a used one on eBay if I were you. 

Please use plain text.