Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
MaryW
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

Text messages from overseas won't show, why?

Hi, I can only receive local text messages I was waiting for an imp. text from overseas about a safe arrival and it never came thru and caused soem major upset, only to find out an hr ago not only did they send one they sent me two and neither shows anywhere. Why is it, do I have to do somethign to accept overseas texts?

I didn't have to on my old simple samsung no frills phone, they just popped right onto my phone. Is something wrong with my phone that I can only get local texts? I checked in optins about texts and only saw one thing that might be issue about allowing anon messages and it was checked, not by me, maybe generally, so I unchecked it,  but still doesn't work.

Please help.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MaryW

Re: Text messages from overseas won't show, why?

I guess if someone eventually replies I will get an email notifying me, I'll wait for that, thankyou .:catsad:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Where is the sms being sent from and where are you receiving the sms from?

Is all the country's exit code + destination country code + phone number correct?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MaryW

[ Edited ]

Sent from Australia. Coming in to me in Canada. They always came in on my old and I mean old samsung my blackberry phone is new. They can call me and it comes through but I never even assumed the texts would not come through and I have international texting /phoning. I won't post their mobile number but here is how I have it in my contacts: 011- 614- xxx - xxxxx  Same way on my old phone, maybe I don't need the 011 before the number on this type of phone? I loaded the number the way I have to dial it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Maybe something happen on the other end?
If everything is fine and they sent correctly.
I believe you should contact your carrier and check on whats going on.
http://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/texting.html
Please use plain text.