Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Text messages recieving late as usual once again....

Okay, i updated my software on my BB RIM "4.6.1.204" and when everyone sends me texts messages i wont get them till late at one time...ex) receiving time it would say 5:10pm but the actual time would say 3:30pm, idk what else to do but just turn off the phone and turn it back on and i'd get them all...any solutions for this problem? it would help please...

and i've called up nextel and they just said "oh that shouldn't be like that our coverage area is great" blah blah blah

Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: Text messages recieving late as usual once again....

Hi There,

first of call you need to find out if that is a network, sim or BB device issue.  A simple test is to put your sim into a normal cell phone and use it for a day or so (make sure you do receive SMS during the day) and see if you are experiencing the same issue.  If so, carrier is the one you need to speak to.

If all SMS come through fine when you sim is in another phone, therefore it is a BB device issue.  In this the case, I would suggest you to reload device software to see if this retify it. See http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Text messages recieving late as usual once again....

well if you have nextel 8350 then this has been a common problem . people are very upset with sprint nextel for not fixing these texting delays . if you look at other blackberry forums you will see all the complaints. sprint says there from the recent boost influx of customers but these issues have been before the boost plan changed to 50 dollars a month. best bet is to email dan hesse ceo of sprint and hope that texting delays get fixed soon.