Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Tinsley82
My Device: Not Specified

Texting Help Needed!

I bought my new Blackberry Curve yesterday. Very cool phone but I am a big texter and well, this phone takes about 5 steps to get to the point of writing a text message. Is there a way to create somesort of a shortcut for this option?

Also, I don't like texting on this mini keyboard. Is there a way to use the number keys to spell out texts instead? I know most phones have that option and that is what I prefer.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I like the phone but it's not doing what I need in terms of texting and so will have to return it if I can't get this worked out.

Thank you,

Tara

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Texting Help Needed!

when you talk about text, what is it ? SMS ?
Blackberries are very powerful, but rather mail-focused. That's why you have a QWERTY keyboard (or a half one on Perls). You can't activate T9 or iTAP or phone-tap (typing 3 times 2 to type a C) on Blackberry.

For the 5 clicks, well. If you inactivate the fast numbers on your home screen, press C to compose a new email.
For SMS, I guess there is no such shortcut.

But !
If you take a special theme like the Dimention Zen, you can choose the Icons to display on the left. And put the "SMS/MMS" one. From that page, C will enable you to compose a SMS.

Second solution : you can go to the device options, and set the shortkey (right or left) to "SMS/MMS" then one click and you're on the SMS page.

What I usually do, is go to the address book, select the person, and click on it and select "send SMS". It's faster that anything you're doing right now.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.