Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

parryparry
My Device: Not Specified

The keypad on my phone is kind of dead, anyone can help?

I just purchased my blackberry curve online and received yesterday. At the beginning, everything was great, I can make phone calls, edit address book, change phone tunes etc. And 1 or 2 hours later, suddenly the screen kept showing "Uuouououou......" like someone keeps pressing keys "u" and "o", and of course nobody touched the phone, not even myself. The phone is like totally getting crazy by itself. Then I tried to press "del" or red phone key to delete or turn off the phone, either not working at all. I had to take out the battery, and put it back on after few minutes. Now it's even more interesting because only the trackball can move but none of other keys working. I can't call the original seller for help because now is the weekend. So I wonder if anyone here can help me figure out what the hell is wrong with my phone. It's just like a weird computer virus completely disabled my keypad but I swear to god I don't even have internet service and that tiny memory card yet. So, it's like this freaking problem just come out from nowhere. Please, I need help very very much. Tell me whatever possible. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: The keypad on my phone is kind of dead, anyone can help?

You bought it used off eBay?

Remove the battery and examine the inside housing of the device, looking for a small 1/8" sqaure white stick usually up above the battery housing near the SIM or Media Card insertion area. Is it white?

Honestly, the symptoms you descibe are common to moisture or liquid damage to BlackBerrys.

My personal recommendation is to return the device to your seller and get your full refund back.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.