Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The new BlackBerry Curve 8330 for Verizon

I just read that Verizon will be introducing the Blackberry Curve 8330. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?  Is the Curve a superior phone to the pearl from verizon?  It figures that I buy the Pearl and then a new model Curve comes along!!  Maybe I should have waited?  Well just loking for a bit of input as my girlfriendsready to upgrade her phone and maybe I should have her wait for the Curve to come out in May versus getting the Pearl now?  Anyone have any input?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: The new BlackBerry Curve 8330 for Verizon

At first glance the Curve it typically for men and the Pearl for women, however it is totally up to your personal wants and needs. 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: The new BlackBerry Curve 8330 for Verizon

I feel the biggest difference between the two devices (in general) is the full QWERTY keypad. The Pearl and Curve are very similar in that they are more consumer-oriented BlackBerry devices. Both have the media player and camera. I feel that the Curve was really made for those wanting the small size of the Pearl but with a full QWERTY keypad.

I say you just go with what is good for you. Go in to a store and play with the device (once it is released) to see if you like it. I have had the Curve 8320 and it is a great device.