Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
Accepted Solution

The updated dates on BBM

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone I have a question.  I am sending this from Japan and currently using Blackberry Curve.  The other day I noticed there was an update notification for BBM, so I downloaded whatever it was for BBM.  And later on I found out I got a newer version (not sure) BBM and came with BBM voice.  On my friends list, I only have my husband living in the U.S. and when he saw my recent activity, he thought I have a new friend on my friends list and I was trying to invite BBM voice to this person to chat.  As I mentioned before, my husband is the only person on my list, so I didn't invite anyone, but on his phone it sounded like it appeared that way.  He believes that I sent the BBM voice to invite someone.  He also said that later on when he checked my activity list, the invitation was gone, so he thinks I deleted it to hide it from him.  Imagine all these things he is telling me and I had no idea.  Anyway, I want to know if there is any way I can know how to check the last date of downloading BBM to prove him that I didn't invite anyone, but I downloaded that day.  Also, if anyone has any idea why on his BBM it appeared I invited someone, please let me know, too.  Or any suggestions will be much appreciated! 

He thinks I'm a liar.  I hope someone can help...

Thank you...

Elite II

Re: The updated dates on BBM

Hello shomi_sato

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

shomi_sato wrote:

I want to know if there is any way I can know how to check the last date of downloading BBM to prove him that I didn't invite anyone, but I downloaded that day. 

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > BlackBerry Messenger > Highlight it > Press the Menu key > View Properties > On that Screen  Under Heading Details you'll find when you installed that version or the recent one that is in your device .

shomi_sato wrote:

Hi everyone I have a question.  I am sending this from Japan and currently using Blackberry Curve.  The other day I noticed there was an update notification for BBM, so I downloaded whatever it was for BBM.  And later on I found out I got a newer version (not sure) BBM and came with BBM voice.  On my friends list, I only have my husband living in the U.S. and when he saw my recent activity, he thought I have a new friend on my friends list and I was trying to invite BBM voice to this person to chat.  As I mentioned before, my husband is the only person on my list, so I didn't invite anyone, but on his phone it sounded like it appeared that way.  He believes that I sent the BBM voice to invite someone.  He also said that later on when he checked my activity list, the invitation was gone, so he thinks I deleted it to hide it from him.  Imagine all these things he is telling me and I had no idea.

Voice call is a feature that allow BBM user to establish a Voice call over an wifi network ONLY with there BBM contacts , you can do a Voice call to only those who are in your BBM Contacts ,

As you mentioned that you have only ONE contact in your BBM contact list  i;e your husband in that situation it is not possible to place a Voice call to any unknown unless it's already in your contact list . But .. it's only you who know your contact list or confirm that .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you Prince2012!  I found it!!!!!

But I have another question.  Ok, I have only one contact and if I press that BBM voice without wifi connection, does it show under my recent activity?  Do you know what I'm talking about?  When you change a profile pic or a personal msg, it shows under updated info in BBM.  So does it show there that I'm inviting someone to BBM voice?  Actually I pressed it without wifi connection to see what it would do while I was chatting with my husband and I'm wondering if the invitation message was sent to him, but he thought it was for someone else.  I'm sorry many questions...

Elite II

Hi shomi

Within BBM there is a way in which we're able to Connect any application to BBM like facebook, twitter and any third party apps , when we give access to those apps then on BBM update page it will refelect those that we comment or do which are visible to your Contacts , But on that Update page it will not show how many friends you have or you tried to make a Voice call .

I hope it clears everything :smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.