Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
BttrflyFairytal
My Device: Not Specified

Theme Display is incomplete

Hi all!

Maybe you can help me with this...

A few weeks ago, my 8900 crashed, and I had to follow the support advice online to reinstall the OS and upgrade to 5.0. So, I did.

Something that I've noticed with the themes I've been trying to use is that they don't show up completely. Locking down the keys doesn't show that display, and the phone call screen is almost always the original BB Precision theme call screen, depending on the theme. The point is, no matter which theme I'm using, it never shows up 100%- pieces of it show up -the main screen wallpaper is always there, but that's usually all I can count on. I never experienced this before the crash and upgrade.

Specifically, right now I have the "I love Paris" theme that I downloaded from the BB App World. The main wallpaper is as it should be, the icons are as they should be, but the second screen (once I press the BB button) is all of the icons on a completely white background (this is not what the screen shots showed). When I make a call, that screen is as it should be, and the incoming call screen is OK.

I had "The Birds" theme before this (the upgraded version), and when I switched to the Paris theme, the icon screen background was leftover from "The Birds".  It wasn't until I did a battery pull that it went completely white.

I can't figure out what's happening here. Does anyone have any idea?