Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Theme problems

In the "rush" to clear some memory...I accidentally deleted the bbdimension_zen theme (today theme as well).  Now I am faced with no theme at all.  I originally only wanted dimension's Icon theme...but I did not realize at the time that I need the other dimension themes to make it work...and also make 3rd party themes run.  Now I know if I had only created a back up I would be set...but I didn't and I have learned my lesson.  Is there any way to get the dimension COD files (which I have) back on my blackberry without having to reinstall the whole operating system...(which would mean that I would have to call my corp office and reset up my connection...which I would like to avoid).

I really thought I would be able to find the theme...which I would gladly pay for...somewhere on the web....but I struck out.

Any help that could be given would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Theme problems

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is the link to blackberry for the today theme, I'm sure they have the other too.

The only problem you might have, is you mentioned it's a corporate phone, meaning BES. The IT department may have policies setup to prevent loading.

If you want to try here's the link:

mobile.blackberry.com/resources/theme_catalog/themes/TodayPlus_240x260.jad

Please let me now How it goes!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks for the ultra quick reply.  I downloaded the theme...but unfortunately I have the same problem.

In my Themes window I have the following (Curve 8310; OS 4.2.2.170)

None (Active)

BB Dimension Icon

BB Dimension Today Plus

I can not activate either of the dimension themes...nothing happens when I click on them.  I have spend a few hours researching and it sounds like I should not of deleted the BB Dimension Zen module...not sure if the Today Plus theme was to serve that same purpose....maybe I have something else going on...

Thanks!!!  Any help would be appreciated....I feel like an **bleep** for deleting a file without backing up my bb.

New Contributor

One further note...I believe my screen resolution on my BB is 320 x 240 if that helps.

Also...here are the modules I deleted and would like to have back...which I imagine are a part of the Dimensions theme:

net_rim_theme_bbdimension_zen_320x240_b.cod

net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b.cod

I actually have the cod files...but I imagine it is not as easy as drag and droping theme somewhere on my bb to get them back in there.

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Guru I

How did you download the theme?

Please let me know!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

I went to the blackberry browser and entered the address you mentioned...but changed the screen resolution.  I found it on another page...

http://mobile.blackberry.com/resources/theme_catalog/themes/ net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_plus_320x240_422_b.jad

Which loaded the theme...but I still can not activate any theme?  Is there a download package or a way to get the following modules back on my blackberry?

net_rim_theme_bbdimension_zen_320x240_b.cod

net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_320x240_b.cod

net_rim_theme_bbdimension_icon_320x240_b.cod

Thanks again

Guru I

I believe those are module files that have to be associated with the application.

I  do not know how to do that. I will continue to search.

What carrier does your company use?

Thanks,

New Contributor

AT&T. 

I guess my worst case is reloading the operating sytem...which should reload the default themes.  My hope is that I would find a .jad file that would replace the modules I should not of deleted.

One question for ya...if I go though and update the system using the application loader...will I have to go through and set up my email with my  corporate office (enterprise activation) again...or will it leave my mail settings alone.  Corp IT will not be back till tuesday and will probably be backed up to boot...plus the get justifiably irritated when folks like myself mess with things I probably shouldnt.

Guru I

Hi,

I think I would rather have would the IT department fix your phone. Yeah they may be irritated, but you don't know what IT policies that you have on the phone. Your device load could be blocked by a policy. Just something to consider.

You might try this: 

From the at&T themes user forum:

Members,

Do you have a technical question about your device or service and would like instant feedback? Our knowledgeable representatives are at your service in our Live Forum where you can chat with them real-time.

Live Forum is open: Monday-Friday, 5am-8pm PT / 8am-11pm ET -- Saturday 5am-5pm PT / 8am-8pm ET -- Sunday Closed. Click here to go there now.

Please Note: The on-line representatives do not have access to the systems necessary to address account, billing, coverage or network related inquiries

Please let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

Might be worth a shot?

New Contributor

I did go to AT&T with their online chat.  They were not much help...partly because I don't think the file exists that can help me.  Their solution was to use the blackberry application loader to reload / update the system files...which is probably a wise move...but will probably require that I reactivate my email...which I was hoping to avoid.

What is frustrating is that I can see the files on my computer...I just wish is was as easy as dropping them in a folder on my BB.

Thanks for your help!